The history :
Wat Pah Ampawan, is a branch of forest temple “Wat-Nong- Pah-Pong”, Ubon- Ratchathani province. It’s the Meditation Zone that is surrounded by natural environment, peace and tranquility. Follow the path and meditation on pilgrimage as for reaching the stage of enlightenment.
Visakha Bucha day, year 2531 (1988) is the auspicious day because it is birth date of Wat Pah Ampawan. To all Buddhists’ goodwill have faith supporting to do a lot of merits and charity by dedicating Land and Guti - The Hall to the monks or a place to carry out the teachings of the Buddha, and to perform religious future.
After the ceremony of offering Land & Guti was finished, approaching soon it’s time for Buddhist Lent or Rains-Retreat – A period of 3 lunar months during the rainy season when Buddhist monks retreat to their temples for (Dharma) study and avoid any unnecessary travel. It is necessary to have temple’s abbot. The Senior Venerable Maha Boonlerd has a meeting among the monks’ committees to delegate, Venerable Jundee Bhikkhu has been assigned to the temple’s duties and performance till present.
The Venerable Jundee is the Buddhist Preceptor was ordained as a first-generation by Luang Por Chah.
Abbot : Venerable Jundee Bhikkhu
Contacted address : at Moo.12 , Baan Huay Din Dam, Tambon Nong -Ri, Amphur Muang, Chonburi 20000, Thailand
Timetable Practice/Schedule of visitors :
0300 hrs. : As well as a bell signal, the prayers meditate together for morning prayer at temple.
0400 hrs. : Morning prayer meditation.
0500 hrs. : Cleaning, sweeping, rubbing and wiping the temple and the stays.
0830 hrs. : Offering food to Buddhist monks – novices, then just dining.
0930 hrs. : Help clean, clear and wash up the dishes, tableware. Sweep the cafeteria.
1100 hrs. : Make your own personal business.
1330 hrs. : Join the prayer meditation at temple (Or some cases at house stays)
1500 hrs. : Bell signals, all together to clean the temple area, bathrooms, toilets
1630 hrs. : Offering refreshments to Buddhist monks - novices, just drinking only for thirsty.
1700 hrs. : Make your own personal business.
1800 hrs. : Bell signals, the prayers meditate together for evening prayer at temple.
1900 hrs. : Evening prayer, sitting meditation, listening to the preaching sermon. *Reasonable time to go back to the stays.
* Remark : Only Buddhist Holy Day can perform to mediate all night at temple.
Rules & regulations of practitioners - who arrivals for keeping prayers & precepts.
For the purity of morality, and of the ethical conduct as well as the peace of the temple should be understood within the rules, and restrictions as follows:
1. Dress code of Dhamma’s practitioner
- White shirts with long-sleeved no longer than elbow, round neck and no pattern or design.
- White practice pants. No slacks or casual pants.
- White shirts with long-sleeved longer than the elbow, round neck, no pattern or design.
- Basically wear black sarong-like-skirt (no pants), can wear a white sarong (if any) in the Buddhist Holy Day or do rituals prayers. For white shirts and white sarongs have to wear white lining with.
- Breast Cloth using white, no pattern and nonwovens to the beautiful.
- Do not wear any pajamas or home nightwear when going to bed.
2. No jewelry such as a ring, bracelet, necklace, earrings and shoes must be plain color, no high-heeled shoes, and no vivid hair accessories.
3. Prohibited using powder puff, a lip and skincare such cases. In case of serious skin diseases must be used to maintain. Men consult Buddhist monk and women consult the Chief consultant for women worshipers.
4. Subject to eat food, should use the spoon to scoop food fit enough to survive. Not standing or walking while eating. Finish a single meal in one end. Forbidden storage reserved to eat in the next time.
5. Drinking refreshments. Consider first If not sure, do not eat or drink. To ask those who know or chief worshipers. Do not eat or drink just you want.
6. Be good manner of eating appropriately in standing, walking, sitting, eating and sleeping with carefulness. Talk as much as needed not be loud noise to those Dhamma’s practitioners.
7. Electricity, electric fan, turning as necessary, and prohibiting private- owned, as well as forbidden to listen to the radio or any other electrical appliances belonging to the private. Mobile phone, turn off the power. Need to use it only for emergency or it should not be taken into the temple.
8. Follow the rules and observances of the temple and prayed regularly works in practice and do not overlook to live together with the mercy. Help and support one another, enable to remind and said something good to friends as always.